new bgm Lambretta crankshafts
bgm PRO Competition - the new bgm Lambretta cure shaft
When good gets even better:
We have revised our Lambretta crankshafts. Working with our new manufacturer took almost three years. We are very happy with the end result. The tests lasted as long as the development work.
The new Lambretta crankshaft is available in 58 mm and 60 mm stroke and with connecting rod lengths of 107 mm, 110 mm and 115 mm:
- 60mm stroke, 107mm connecting rod >> BGM10760N
- 58mm stroke, 110mm connecting rod >> BGM11058N
- 60mm stroke, 110mm connecting rod >> BGM11060N
Tried and tested in racing
Darren Conneely from Team Replay successfully used the new bgm PRO Competition crankshaft in BSSO races in the 2018 season. The Lambretta Group 4 Racer with one bgm RT 195 cylinder Kit and the new bgm PRO Competition shaft was made by Paul “Chalkie” White from Team replay built. A real stress test with over 30 hp on the rear wheel and speeds of up to 11.000 rpm.
So while we were testing the crankshafts extensively on the road, Darren raced with the new crankshaft to 2nd place in group 4. Congratulations!
60mm stroke, 110mm connecting rod
Crankshaft -BGM Pro HP Competition 60mm stroke, 110mm conrod- Lambretta DL / GP 125cc, 175cc, 200cc, 225cc, 250cc
Article no.: BGM11060N
60mm stroke, 107mm connecting rod
Crankshaft -BGM Pro HP Competition 60mm stroke, 107mm conrod- Lambretta DL / GP 125cc, 175cc, 200cc, 225cc, 250cc
Article no.: BGM10760N
58mm stroke, 110mm connecting rod
Crankshaft -BGM Pro HP Competition 58mm stroke, 110mm conrod- Lambretta DL / GP 125cc, 175cc, 200cc, 225cc, 250cc
The features that have proven themselves have remained! Important technical details have been further improved.
Improved features are for example:
- Ground pressing surfaces for maximum stability of the joint and therefore the highest possible security against rotation
- Ground and coated crank pin
- Forged connecting rod with CNC finishing
- Hardened and ground bearing and shaft seal seats
- Wider selection of stroke and connecting rod combinations than before
- Quality assurance of every single crankshaft through 100% testing by ISO and QC certified manufacturers
What remains are:
- Full cheek wave for increased pre-compression
- Forged crank webs
- Low-vibration motor operation thanks to ingenious balancing with hidden pockets, counterweights made of copper and tungsten
- Lubrication of the lower connecting rod bearing via two large lubrication slots
- Crank pin diameter 22 mm
15 years of experience in crankshaft development
Stick in the bgm PRO Competition shafts 15 years of experience in total. In the optimization three more years of development work and tests in order to be able to realize a wave that maximum security against rotation and stability offers.
In the English BSSO racing series, the Replay team started the 2018 season with a number of bgm parts. Among other things with the new and revised bgm crankshaft. Replay's driver Darren Conneely finished second in Group 4.