Vespa exhaust bgm PRO
NEW: Vespa sports exhaust BigBox Sport
Today we proudly present you the first pictures and the first results of the test bench runs of our new one bgm PRO exhaust systems for the Vespa.
The Vespa Big Box exhaust was developed in close cooperation with MB in England and is also the result of over 20 years Scooter Center Experience.
Advantages of the exhaust:
- More efficient:
- powerful like a resonance exhaust
- significantly easier to turn than SIP Road
- very wide speed range
- no performance hole like a reso exhaust
- Looks like the original
- Quieter than racing exhaust
- 200 mm outlet socket with Viton® Oring -> no more cracked exhaust ports on 200 mm aluminum cylinders
- massive, thick-walled material
- so far without approval
- with serial number
Purpose of use:
Due to its original look and its low volume, the exhaust is particularly suitable for original tuning or touring setup.
Due to its power delivery, it can be used universally on original as well as heavily tuned engines at home.
Here are the images of the prototype. The exhaust will be available for the following models:
- Vespa PX 200 / Vespa Rally 200
- Vespa PX 125 / Vespa PX150 / Vespa SPRINT etc.
We expect the exhaust from the beginning / middle of summer and are really looking forward to it. The test drives were great.
Test run performance diagrams:
The exhaust systems were made on the professional Scooter Center Ammerschläger P4 test bench tested with laboratory software:
Result: Significantly more power! eg:
- + 2PS more on PX200 compared to the original exhaust with significantly improved revving = top speed
- + 3PS more on Malossi 210 compared to comparable road exhaust systems
- + 5PS more on Malossi 166 (60mm shaft, exhaust made, 28mm carburettor on rotary valve) opposite Vespa Road exhaust
As a Test roller the following candidates were available:
The test runs were all done with the engine warm. The tests were carried out against the existing exhaust systems on the vehicles and against the SIP Road exhaust.
Almost all scooters were then tested for several kilometers on the road in order to really feel the change. That was the very subjective so-called Popometer test ;-)
Awesome part - this is how a Vespa exhaust has to be!
Both for the "laboratory test" with performance diagram and for subjective testing on the road:
The new bgm PRO exhaust puts you in a good mood. The engine turns out much more freely, the Vespa becomes much more flexible and faster and without the consumption or volume increasing noticeably.